Anyone interested in learning how to safely use and maintain a handgun or for those who wish to obtain a CCW, this course is for you.
The Pistol 101 Course (Basic Pistol Training) introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this 5 hour course (average) students will learn to:
1. Apply Safe Gun handling practices and handle a pistol in a safe manner.
2. Identify the principal parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions and demonstrate how they function.
3. Identify the components of pistol cartridges, state the major types of cartridge malfunctions and store ammunition properly.
4. Demonstrate the one and two-handed standing position with a pistol and adopt the fundamentals necessary to shoot accurately and safely.
5. Score a target using paper targets.
6. Apply a set of guidelines to assist in selecting and purchasing a pistol.
7. Clean and maintain pistols to keep them in good condition and proper working order.
Students will receive a certificate upon completion of the course, test and live fire range qualification.
Students will need their own handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition. There are no additional Range fees for students during this course. Handgun rentals and ammunition are available at American Patriot Guns And Ammo.
For information please contact American Patriot Guns And Ammo (912)222-6377 or E-mail us at Chief@patriotgunsammo.com
Where? American Patriot Range & Gun Club; 2526 Boots Harrison Rd, Hortense/Brunswick, GA 31543
Cost? $85 Members / $115 - Non-Members